The Constant
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Die Hair Cuttery Die

4 posters

Go down

Die Hair Cuttery Die Empty Die Hair Cuttery Die

Post  Nimrod Tue May 06, 2008 10:26 am

So I've been out of the Marines for about a year and a half now and I haven't gotten one single good haircut. They're always jacked up. So yesterday I go to the Hair Cuttery (on someone's recommendation that they actually won't scalp me) and... they shaved my freaken head.

I really don't mind the haircut that much. Obviously it was shaved for quite some time. But since noone I work with is used to my having short hair, they ALL have to walk by and ask "Did you get your hair cut?"

"I bet the barber 10 dollars she couldn't make me laugh."

"I wanted something that everyone would comment on all day as they walked by so I could sit here talking about haircuts instead of working."

"I got a haircut???"

I'm having a hard time keeping the smartass responses up to speed with the volume of questions coming in.

What happened to your hair?
"What happened to your face?"

This is my day so far.
Nimrod
Nimrod
Admin

http://www.paragonsconstant.com

Back to top Go down

Die Hair Cuttery Die Empty Re: Die Hair Cuttery Die

Post  Function Tue May 06, 2008 11:46 am

Haha. I got my haircut yesterday too. I think the gal that cut my hair did a pretty piss poor job as well (but at least I wasn't scalped). Finding a good place to get a haircut is more difficult than it should be isn't it? I don't mean to belittle the profession, but let's be honest, it's not rocket science. I think the problem is that we don't go to neighborhood barber shops any more, we go to chains like Pro-Cuts and Super-Cuts and the like. They're, basically, the McDonalds of the hair cutting industry. I mean, you don't go to McDonalds expecting a great meal do you? No, you just want something fast and cheap that sort of resembles food.
Function
Function

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimrod Tue May 06, 2008 1:54 pm

I think some of it is relocation. Back home before I started travelling, my mom always knew half the ladies running the places, so... never had to worry about it. You relocate, you just don't know where to go. I got butchered at a few locals and then got butchered at the chains.

What's funny is the only place I can count on for a decent cut is on military bases. <shrug>
Nimrod
Nimrod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  undeadtexan Tue May 06, 2008 2:32 pm

Function wrote:...we go to chains like Pro-Cuts and Super-Cuts and the like...

well there's your problem Razz

I have a barber that gives me the rockstar hair I deserve, so I haven't had a bad haircut in years. He works in a high end salon, so I do pay more than I would like. but it's that old saying, you get what you pay for.
undeadtexan
undeadtexan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nimrod Tue May 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Rockstars get haircuts???

I guess Metallica set a disgusting precedent.
Nimrod
Nimrod
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  undeadtexan Tue May 06, 2008 6:25 pm

ugh! the folks in Metallica have horrible hair No well they did back in the day, not sure about now.
undeadtexan
undeadtexan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Machine Wed May 07, 2008 4:42 am

My hair is usually long, and all my hair cuts suck. Mainly as everyone is used to me having long hair.

In fact, the words to a rave song were actually mixed to contain "Cooper needs a hair cut". Suspect
Machine
Machine
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum